Sign: You Must’ve Forgot We Have Drew Doughty
Everyone counted the Los Angeles Kings out of their first round playoff series against the Pacific Division Champion San Jose Sharks. Now the series is tied 1-1 with the next two games being played in Los Angeles, after a dominating performance by a shortened Kings roster.
I think what happened is this- everyone forgot the Kings have Drew Doughty.
Of course, Doughty’s offensive production has been shaky this season, but in his defense, the predictions for his potential output were astronomical after his breakout season last year.
That said, he is still Drew Doughty and he can be a game changer, as we saw on Saturday night. He took the game over and no one could stop him. And now that the green lit Doughty freight train is moving, it’s anyone’s guess as to what happens next.
If you are attending the game on Tuesday night and feel so inclined, print out the image below (click image for full size jpeg or below it for a pdf) and try to smuggle it into Staples Center, as they are very strict with bringing outside signs in. They do have a sign making stand with poster board and markers, so apparently you can only hold a sign if it was horribly scribbled with crayolas.
Some other things you can do:
- Wear black on Tuesday night. At the very least, don’t wear teal. In fact, do yourself a favor and never wear teal.
- Arrive early. At the very least, be in your seat by the time the game starts. Beer lines are long. Traffic sucks. But this is the playoffs.
- Be loud and bring other people who will be loud. At the very least, watch the game and bring people who will watch the game.
- Don’t be an idiot. Los Angeles sports fans don’t exactly have the best reputation right now.
- Don’t leave early. Anything can happen and they sometimes do. On that note:
- Be prepared to be there late. It’s the playoffs and multiple overtimes can happen.
- Remember: few things are better than live playoff hockey. Enjoy it.